Wednesday, February 27, 2013

My new team!

With the sad ending of Team Marathon Bar, I have turned my hopes to other locations.  I am still hoping for a little something from ActiveAmbassadors.com, but there's no telling whether or not that will happen.  So, when I received an inviting email about a month or so ago, I immediately responded with a "heck yes!".  And this is what I received as a reply to my reply...


If you don't know anything about Vega, take a minute to head on over to their website and look around.  In a nutshell, Vega was created by a professional Ironman triathlete (Brendan Brazier) as a means to supplement his plant-based diet while on the road.  Vega has grown to a world-wide brand, and continues to grow.  And even more than that, Brendan and Vega are doing everything they can to support people who want to work toward adopting a plant-based diet through the Thrive Forward series.  This is a free, online series with videos and spreadsheets to help explain the benefits of eating cleaner.

I first came across Vega a few years ago when a guy I work with had a tub of this funny plant-based protein.  I gave it a try, and to my surprise, it was delicious!  I didn't really think too much of it at the time though.  Fast forward to about a year and a half ago.  My wife and I decided to adopt a mostly plant based diet.  Not knowing a lot about what we were doing, I searched the internet for how to go about being an athlete that was mostly plant based.  I almost immediately came across Vega.  I recalled my previous experience with Vega and knew I had found the promised land.

But why take supplements if I'm supposedly eating so healthy?  Because life is life, and in all reality, it's pretty stinkin' tough to have a varied enough diet to be able to get EVERYTHING that your body needs.  I do my best, but there's bound to be areas that I fall short with such a busy schedule.  But, thanks to Vega, I know that I am getting the nutrients that I miss, and still getting them from plant-based sources.

I'm not too sure what all Team Vega is going to entail, because I'm still waiting for my welcome package to show up.  But as soon as I know, I'll let you know!  In the mean time, why don't you go check out that Vega website!

No comments:

Post a Comment