Tuesday, March 5, 2013

CycleOps Grassroots!


Back in early February, I received an amazing email from CycleOps.  The purpose of this email was to inform me that my application to be part of the CycleOps Grassroots Athlete program has been accepted, and that I had been chosen to be on the team!  I'm not going to lie...I'm pretty excited about this one!

CycleOps is pretty much a household name when it comes to cycling and triathlons.  They are known for their trainers and power meters, but also have a few other amazing products such as real-time, online training videos that sync with your power meter.  Very cool stuff.  I have been using my Fluid 2 indoor trainer for a few years now and have definitely gotten my money's worth from it.  Recently, I purchased a new device from their lineup, called the PowerCal.  What this little guys does is estimates your power output based on your heart rate.  I haven't used a power meter before, but have found the PowerCal to be a great introduction to training with power.

I'm very excited to have this opportunity, and thankful to the CycleOps group for picking me.  Here's to a wonderful 2013 season!

No comments:

Post a Comment