Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Less than 36 weeks

I decided to bust out the old calendar and take a peak at what the rest of this year is looking like for me, training-wise.  Well, as it turns out, this last Monday was 36 weeks until Ironman Arizona.  That means I need to get my little butt in gear and start building some base before my plan kicks in in another 12 weeks.

Over the last few months, I have been focusing strictly on running, so I haven't done any cycling or swimming since October/November.  Yikes!  I'm in the process of going through my training plan and mapping out exactly what I am going to be doing for the rest of the year.  As it stands right now, I don't have any other races that I'll be doing as I build up for IMAZ.  I may or may not add in a race or two (depending upon any sponsor/ambassador requirements...), but at this point, the teams that I am on (Team Vega and the CycleOps Grassroots Athlete program), I don't have a need to add any more races.  

(On a side note, for anyone who watches The Biggest Loser, did you happen to notice the CycleOps trainer in the makeover episode?  It was there!  Of course, the name/logo was taped over with black tape so they didn't have to pay CycleOps...)

As I did with IMCdA, I will try and post my training each week.  What I have also done is I have set up a Google document with each week broken down.  I'm not sure that I'll post that on here, but it should make it easier for me to post my schedule at least.  So for the rest of the IronClan...you better start training!  Thirty-six weeks will go by a lot faster than you think!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment