Friday, February 17, 2012

Are you kidding me?

The Wife was surfing the world wide web of electronic information, when she came across a pretty troubling video.  Rather than me describing the video, because there's no way I can do it any justice, I've included the video below (hopefully you can see it!):


If you can't see the video, you can go here to see the video, along with an article about the incident.  The driver of the bus is going to serve 17 months in prison for intentionally hitting the cyclist.  In short, the situation went down like this:  the bus drove too close to the cyclist at a round-a-bout, causing the cyclist to engage the driver in an argument at the next stop.  Following this stop, the bus driver decided to intentionally hit the cyclist, resulting in a broken leg, fractured wrist and thumb.

I personally can't believe that this goof ball got let off the hook with only 17 months.  In fact, the judge on the case ruled that the driver can be considered for release after serving only half of his time.  So it's possible that someone who intentionally ran over a cyclist with a bus will only serve 9 months in jail.  Are you freakin' kidding me?  Can someone explain to me why this isn't assault with a deadly weapon, or attempted manslaughter?  This story makes me pretty sick.

Now, in defense of the driver (which, regardless of whatever defense he may have, there is absolutely no excuse for this), I wasn't there so I don't know what happened prior to the attempted murder.  Who knows what the cyclist said to the driver.  It's completely believable that the cyclist said something so horrific that it would have been the logical next step to try and run him over with a bus (yeah right!).  The one bright spot in this story?  The bus driver lost his job.

Wow.  That's all I can say.  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment