Sunday, February 19, 2012

IM CdA Training - Week 7

Heck yeah!  Week 6 is done and I'm now a quarter of the way through my training!  On the one hand, that's pretty exciting, but on the other hand, it's sort of nerve wracking too!  It's crazy to think that in just eighteen short weeks I'll be racing in another Ironman!  Aaaaaaahhhhhh!  But, no time to focus on that for too long, because I need to focus on the training I'm doing right now.  And on that note, here's the plan for week 7:

Monday - REST
Tuesday - 1 hour swim.  1 hour 30 minute bike.
Wednesday - 1 hour swim.  50 minute run.
Thursday - BRICK workout: 1 hour 15 minute bike followed by 20 minute run.
Friday - 1 hour swim.  2 hour bike.
Saturday - 3 hour 45 minute bike.  30 minute recovery run.
Sunday - 1 hour swim.  1 hour 40 minute run.

And I already know that I have a pretty hefty scheduling conflict this week.  I'm going to be taking part in the Great Urban Race on Saturday, which puts a big damper on the long bike ride of the week.  I think I'm just going to have to erase any sleeping plans I had on Friday night and just get on the bike at about 3 a.m. on Saturday morning in order to get it done.  Sounds like a good plan, right?  Yeah, I thought so too.  Tune in next week to see how this one plays out!

Thanks again for reading!

1 comment:

  1. The GUR looks like fun, then need to bring one to the island.
    Some good distances and times this week. Rock and roll.

    ReplyDelete