Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Fastest bike...ever.

The Wife and I were having a conversation the other day that I thought would be interesting to share.  I was telling her that I recently rode my bike and topped my speed out at 38.7 mph.  This was a fluke speed, because there was a pretty good wind at my back, and I was going at a net downhill.

There's a little peak on the right...38.7 mph!

This conversation somehow turned into how fast the record speed is for a bicycle.  I said I thought it was 100 mph, and the Wife said that was impossible.  Well, here's a video that I found of the guy who actually set the world record:


I'm not 100% sure that this is still the world record, but either way, this guy went over 82 mph!  That's pretty darn fast.  So maybe I was wrong by saying that the top speed was 100 mph, but I wasn't too far off, and I'm sure that these guys will be reaching the triple digits some day!

2 comments:

  1. http://www.canosoarus.com/08LSRbicycle/LSR%20Bike01.htm

    check it out, and of course he was a triathlete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is pretty impressive. I should have clarified that the guy I wrote about was the fastest without drafting. Either way, two very impressive examples of how fast people can go on bikes!

    ReplyDelete