Sunday, September 25, 2011

Today is the day.  Well, maybe.  Either today, tomorrow, or Wednesday at the latest.  The Boston Athletic Association has released a statement explaining that acceptance notifications for the 2012 Boston Marathon should all be out by September 28th (Wednesday).  They are starting on Monday and going through to Wednesday at the latest.  If I was a betting man, which I'm not because I'm horrible at it, I would assume that the longer one waits to hear, the better the chance is that this person is not being accepted.  So, I'm expecting to actually hear on Wednesday.

In this same statement that was released, the BAA said that roughly 21,000 people would be accepted, and just under 24,000 people applied.  Since I'm on the lower end of qualifying, I am assuming I'll be in that select group of two to three thousand people who get axed.  In the mean time, while I wait for my official rejection letter, there's only one song that comes to mind to listen to:


It's the final countdown!

No comments:

Post a Comment