Thursday, February 24, 2011

Holy Yoga Batman!

After months of telling my wife no, I finally gave in.  I finally went to a yoga class.  Realistically, there's no reason not too.  I'm not sure that there's any negative to doing yoga, unless you force yourself to do things that you're not quite ready for.

We arrived to the scene of the crime about an hour and a half early, so I had plenty of time to think of some way to suddenly become ill so I could skip the class.  I couldn't think of any way that wouldn't also include my sleeping on the couch.  So, I set up my manly yoga mat (it has skulls and fire and tribal designs and guns on it.  Not really, but maybe that would make it feel a little more manly.) and said a prayer that I wouldn't pull any muscles or let out a loud air horn type sound...you know what I'm talkin' about! 


Fortunately, none of that happened.  The class was actually pretty good, although I'm pretty sure the instructor took it a little easy on us since there was a bunch of us newbies.  After going through the class, I can see that yoga will most likely benefit me.  It's probably not going to make me faster, but it will probably help me to avoid injuries.  The one aspect of yoga that I'm not quite sure I'll ever get is the meditation/internalization portion of it.  Now, this class a went to was called Holy Yoga, and is a Christ-based yoga, so I can relate with that.  But during the actual movements, I find myself concentrating more on form and not falling over, rather than relaxing.

So yoga is going to be a weekly thing, unless I'm working.  If I am working, I'll probably just do my own stretching session and make it a rest/recovery from yoga week.  Now I just have to figure out if I'm going to start wearing my special ordered yoga speedo...

2 comments:

  1. Yoga is one of those things that I *know* is going to be great but just can't seem to get to a class. I am going to have to push aside something and give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking the time to publish this information very useful! women's activewear

    ReplyDelete