Saturday, February 12, 2011

IMAZ Training - Week 3

Another easy week down the tubes.  This week was pretty much as successful as last week.  I ended up with 2 runs, 4 bikes, and 1 swim.  I definitely could use more swim time, but my main focus is going to be on the bike, since I'm still quite slow.  More bike time now equals less bike time in the race, right?  We'll see!  I'm not going to include a daily recap of last week, since it's just a TRANSITION week, and really isn't required to have much structure.  I will, however, be doing the exact same workouts next week!  Woo hoo!  Here's that schedule again:

Sunday - Run - 400m, 600m, 800m, 1200m, 800m, 600m, 400m.  All done basically all-out and with a 400m RI between each.
Monday - Swim - 30 minutes in Zone 2 with drills.  Bike - 45 minutes in Zone 2 with variable gearing.
Tuesday - Run - 5 miles @ 6:26/mile
Wednesday - Swim - 30 minutes in Zone 2 with drills.  Bike - 1:00 in Zone 2 with variable gearing.
Thursday - Run - 9 miles @ 6:49/mile
Friday - Swim - 45 minutes in Zone 2.
Saturday - Bike - 1:30 in Zone 2 with 5 sets of spin-ups, followed immediately by a 30 minute tempo run.
So go ahead and train with me.  It's gonna be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment