Wednesday, May 18, 2011

OH SNAP! Sin City, Here I Come!

Back on March 11th, 2011, I submitted my application to hopefully be selected for the 2011 Team Marathon Bar.  I had the pleasure of being on the team during the 2010 season, and had such a great time that I reapplied in hopes to be able to have another crack at it.

Last year, as part of the Marathon Team requirements, I had to race in four endurance events between June and December.  This year was advertised slightly different.  This year they were looking specifically for runners, and more importantly, runners who would be participating in a Rock 'n' Roll Series event between June 5th and December 15th.

This past Tuesday, I finally heard back from ActiveAmbassadors.com.  I made the team again!  So what does that mean?  Well, for me it means a few things.  First, I will be signing up and running in the Rock 'n' Roll Las Vegas event.  I haven't yet decided if I'm going to do the full or the half marathon.  Also, it means that Team Marathon will be sending me out some more branded apparel to wear at my races this season (at least the running events, but I'll probably sport last year's Team tri jersey for IMAZ), as well as sending me out a box-load of Marathon Bars to hand out as samples!  For them, I will be talking to a gadzillion people about Marathon Bars, both at races and just on a daily basis.  There's also going to be race reports, sampling reports, and some other surveys that I'll be doing along the way.

This is last year's Team Marathon running shirt, along with my 2010 Disneyland Half Marathon medal
I'm pretty excited to be able to have this opportunity again.  It adds another perspective to the training/racing that I do.  Not only am I trying to make sure that I improve for myself, but I also want to make Team Marathon look good. 
This ActiveAmbassadors.com thing is really a sweet deal, especially if you're already doing the races.  The basically give you free apparel and product in payment for going to races and spreading the products name!  If you have never heard of this website, be sure to click on the link and go create yourself a profile so you too can have the chance at being part of one of these ambassador teams!


No comments:

Post a Comment