Tuesday, July 19, 2011

IMAZ Training - Week 25

Ok, as I alluded to in yesterday's post, I'm beginning the "3 Plus 2" running program this week.  I have it figured out so that I peak for Ironman Arizona.  This particular running plan is nice, because they have specific goals for every single workout that is done.  There's not really a whole lot of thought that needs to go into it.  There's only three runs per week, but I'll also be doing some running with The Wife, as she is training for her first half marathon (and doesn't really like running by herself).  So here is the plan for week 25:

Monday - I had some stuff planned for Monday, but had a rough day at work, so this turned into a rest day.
Tuesday - Run (3 x 1 mile repeats, with 1:00 rest interval).  Swim 1:00.
Wednesday - Bike 2:15.
Thursday - Bike 1:30.  Run (2 easy miles, 2 miles at faster than planned race pace, 2 easy miles).
Friday - Swim 1:00.
Saturday - Bike 1:30.
Sunday - Run 13 miles at race pace, plus :30/mile.  Bike 1:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment