Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Muscle Milk Machine Update

It's official.  I have made a mistake.  I know, hard to believe, but it is true.  Well, maybe not, I guess.  What am I talking about?  I am officially registered for the Mount Lemmon half marathon!  I had the option to register for the full marathon, but decided to roll with the half, due to my goal race (Ironman Arizona) being about a month after this ridiculous race.  Why was it a mistake?  It actually shouldn't be.  It is going to be a tough race, but I'm planning on doing it with pretty much no goal in mind.

Last night, I made my way down to one of the local Roadrunner Sports shoe stores and signed my life away.  The waiver had a lot of mumbo-jumbo on it about seizure, coma, death, blah blah blah.  I just signed it grabbed my free Muscle Milk shake and high-tailed it out of there before I could change my mind!  Alright, so there was no such waiver.  It was merely just a typical sign-up, same as any other race would be.  But there most certainly was free Muscle Milk!

This is what they gave me, except I asked for vanilla.
I'm actually still pretty excited for this race.  The timing may not be perfect, since I'll have to hold back quite a bit to make sure that I don't ruin my Ironman race, but it's still going to be a lot of fun.  It will be the first half marathon that I'm participating in that isn't a "mainstream" race (Rock 'n' Roll, Disney, etc.).  I'm secretly hoping that the spectators will be somewhat like what is depicted in this video:


So if you happen to be near Mount Lemmon in late October, get all dressed up like a crazy person and come cheer us on!

As for 311 month, it's almost over, sadly.  I leave you with one last video:



No comments:

Post a Comment