Tuesday, June 21, 2011

ActiveAdvantage trial membership

This is going to be a short post.  It's really just more of an insider's tip.  In fact, it might be illegal, so don't tell anyone.  Here's the low down:

If you've done an endurance events in the last few years, chances are that you registered using the site Active.com.  Once you register, they almost always ask you if you'd like to sign up for the added-benefit group, ActiveAdvantage, for only $65/year.  In my eyes, that's a bit pricey.  I'm sure I could get my money's worth, but for this year, I've already signed up for my races, so I wouldn't save any money.

The sweet part of the deal is that they allow you to have a 30-day trial, absolutely risk free.  I know a lot of companies say "risk free", but this actually is.  When you sign up, you can enter into monthly drawings, save some money on each race that you sign up for, get discounts on merchandise items, and get extremely discounted race entry fees that are sometimes even free!  I signed up for the 30-day trial, tried to get into a couple of free races (at which I was not successful), and used my membership to buy a pair of YurBudz (more on these little guys later this week).  After about two weeks, I called and canceled my membership, no questions asked.  My credit card was never charged, and they never even asked why I wanted to cancel.

You can go to the site and look at all of their current offers before you even sign up.  Go here to check them out.  My advice is take a looksie, and sign up if you think it could be of use for you.  My only caution is please don't take my word for it.  My experience may have been some fluke deal.  I can not guarantee that you will have the same results as me.  But if you decide to try, then good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment