Sunday, June 19, 2011

Guest Post from The Wife!

Today I was feeling a bit lazy, so I asked The Wife if she'd be interested in doing a guest post.  She said sure, but wouldn't tell me what it was going to be about.  I suppose I trust her enough to not tell you any of my special training secrets, so I'm just going to let her do her thing, and I'll read it for the first time once it's posted.  On that note, I present to you, The Wife!:

I actually have this & love it! (Check out Etsy.com)
 Geez Jason! You are very possessive over this blog thing ; ) Thank you for letting me hijack it for a day!

I decided to write a post for Jason today so he could take a day off... for Father's Day! The question I have for all of you reading out there is, "How does he do it?" 

My husband is incredible. He is so committed to his very busy life. He is passionate about his job & is an excellent asset to the community. He has discovered how much he loves this hobby of triathlons, and has invested himself to learning all he can related to the training that is involved in this activity.  This is by no means a small task. Anyone who has a loved one who has the triathlon bug knows that the immense time commitment involved for these folks! So how is it that Jason is able to balance his work and hobbies, while simultaneously being such a fantastic father and husband? I'm not sure I will ever know. 

I do know that I am so thankful for the sacrifices he makes to ensure that his family does not get lost in the shuffle. Nearly every day, Jason wakes up at some ungodly time in the morning to train. He might tell you that it is because, if he waits, he might slow roast in the hot AZ sun. In actuality though... he does this so that his long hours biking and running are pretty much done by the time that our daughter  and I roll out of bed ; ) That way we get to spend lots of quality family time together!

I love him for providing such a good example to our daughter of a healthy, balanced lifestyle. And as much as I hate to admit it, it inspires me to want to be a part of it. I'll let you in on a little secret... I have committed, kicking and screaming, to run the R&R Vegas 1/2 Marathon with him! (Don't expect ANY records to be broken, since I am the black sheep when it comes to athleticism in this familia.) 

Our daughter's first "race" ... hopefully of many!
Jason also is very considerate of how his obsession.... oh, I mean "hobby"... affects our lives. Even though he probably could use better equipment, he is conscious of how financially straining these fun toys can be on a middle class family's budget. That doesn't mean that he won't drop hints frequently! LOL ; ) I know he would like to participate in an Ironman race each year, but has compromised by agreeing to do this awesome event every other year. I am very thankful for how mindful he is about the big picture. 

Most of all.... I am so proud of him! I love being an Ironman Wife! I consider myself to be a pro-spectator and really enjoy participating in the fun of his races. Jason has succeeded in finding something that significantly betters his life. He doesn't waste his time worrying about comparing himself with others. He instead sets personal goals each race and very successfully has been able to achieve them. My husband is always humble and supportive of everyone's athletic efforts, no matter their level. If you have ever met him, you know what I mean.

All in all, I want to wish Jason a very Happy Father's Day! I am your personal cheerleader and your biggest fan. I love you, and am so thankful our daughter has a man like you as her dad. I can't wait to see what else you are able to accomplish in this journey as a triathlete!



No comments:

Post a Comment