Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The new way to walk your dog

I was on the last portion of a recent bike ride, riding through a development in Norther Peoria called Vistancia.  It's a pretty nice area, and an even better place to do some bike riding.  The roads are all very new, there's hardly any traffic, and it has some great rolling hills.  Anyway, I couldn't pass up telling you all what I witnessed.

I've seen laziness before.  Most of the time, it's not very comical.  More often than not, I just make a mental note of the display of laziness, and move on...hoping to never become the lazy one.  But what I saw took this to a whole new level.  At first, I didn't really believe what I saw.  I had to do a double-take to make sure I wasn't just hallucinating due to dehydration.  Sure enough, it was real.  Unfortunately, I wasn't quick enough to get my phone out and snap a picture as evidence.  Lucky for you, this apparently happens fairly often!  Here's a video I found on YouTube of the exact same thing that I witnessed:


What I witnessed took place at about 9:00 a.m.  It was a woman, probably in her 50's, driving her golf cart with the shepherd-mix dog running beside her, on a leash of course.  At first, I thought this was completely absurd.  But then I realized how ingenious this lady was!  Not only that, but I was way to quick to judge this woman...maybe she isn't able to walk far enough for her dog to get a workout, and so she figured out a way to get her dog the proper workout.  Who knows.  All I know is, the more I think about it, the more I realize that this lady is pretty stinkin' clever.

No comments:

Post a Comment