Monday, June 20, 2011

IMAZ Training - Week 21

First off, thanks again to The Wife for doing a guest post yesterday.  I was feeling pretty lazy, and it was very nice of her to help me out.  And boy does she know how to butter me up!  She wrote such a nice post about me, I have the feeling that she's going to be wanting a big purchase in the near future.  I think her post deserves it!

Ok, on to the training.  This last week went pretty well.  I put in a lot of hours.  The good news is that was the final week of the BASE phases.  Now it's time for the ever-popular BUILD phases!  In these phases, I'm basically doing the same workouts, continuing to add mileage and time to my workouts, slowly.  I'm also going to be inserting short periods of higher intensity into each workout.  I'll start small this week, and slowly build for the next eight weeks before I do a small taper prior to the Disneyland Half Marathon.  Here is week 21:

Monday - Bike 1:00.
Tuesday - Run :55.  Swim 1:00.
Wednesday - Swim 1:00.
Thursday - Bike 1:30.  Run :30.
Friday - Bike 1:30.  Run 1:00.
Saturday - Bike 4:15.
Sunday - Bike 1:30.  Run 13 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment